Hello, welcome to the world of Parents & Co
I’m Karen, Founder and fellow mum of two (now grown) boys.
I established Parents & Co to be the supportive shoulder for new parents, having experienced the challenges of raising my sons and having worked with parents and babies my entire working life. I have a passion for empowering and supporting parents in these early years.
There could be a number of reasons you find yourself here:
- You are exhausted; sleep deprived and need help with your baby or child’s sleep!
- You’re a new mum feeling overwhelmed with motherhood, and perhaps things feel an awful lot harder than you ever thought it would
- You’re a first time mum and aren’t sure about things like weaning, teething, and sleeping
- You’re looking for some support and a bit of gentle guidance to help you regain confidence with this whole parenting thing you’ve embarked upon
- You are feeling isolated now that you’re a new mum and are looking to connect with other local mums
- Perhaps your family aren’t local and you’re finding yourself trying to cope alone with your new baby
If this sounds like you, then welcome,
you’re in the right place!
So who am I and why should you listen to me?
Over the course of my 20 year career I’ve had the pleasure of working with families the entire time.
Firstly, as a nursery nurse, and then as the Head of a successful private nursery in Radlett, Hertfordshire, UK. From there I went on to be a certified paediatric sleep coach for infants and children; maternity nurse; a breastfeeding support mentor; and a baby massage instructor. Alongside that I raised my own two boys, who are now grown up.
I set up Parents & Co to offer a resource to parents who are adapting to the challenges life brings as a new parent, and to help families who are struggling with their little one’s sleep issues. I am here to help get everyone the sleep they deserve. I regularly publish articles and tips on this website, social media, local workshops, online workshops, online support, meet-up groups run for mothers and private home visits. I want you feel supported and confident in your parenting.
So how can I help you?
- I can help you get the sleep you deserve through my gentle sleep coaching, giving babies and children the skills to settle themselves to sleep, as well as my research and evidence based approach to sleep training. I always ensure I provide individually tailored, practical support to each family specifically structured to their own unique circumstance.
- If you’d like bespoke newborn support in the comfort of your own home, I specialise in Night-time care, Breastfeeding and Bottle-feeding support, Sleep Support Home Visits or Troubleshooting Sessions so I can support you through specific parenting challenges. Check out my new baby postnatal support package.
- I can also provide personalised online remote support for those of you outside of Hertfordshire using Skype, Zoom etc.
- Read the free articles on my blog that contain an abundance of tips and help around common parenting challenges.
- Follow me on Social media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) for hints, tips advice and for interesting articles.
- To prepare for your new arrival or to get to grips with the first 6 months check out my Preparing for Baby Workshop.
- If you’re looking for a deeper understanding of sleep or weaning check out the two courses I run periodically around Hertfordshire or access my online support options, wherever you live in the world.